- Email Us
Firm principal Paul Kujawsky has thirty years of experience as an appellate attorney. He began his career as a staff attorney with the California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, where he drafted scores of opinions for the court in all areas of civil and criminal law. From 1989 to 1994, he was employed by the firm of Wasserman, Comden and Casselman, in Tarzana, California. There, he drafted and reviewed discovery, performed legal research, prepared motions, and wrote appellate briefs and writ petitions for the firm’s complex insurance defense and government liability cases.
In 1994, Mr. Kujawsky opened his own appellate law practice in Studio City, California. Since that time, he has focused exclusively in appellate practice, in all areas of civil and criminal law. Over the years, he has had the opportunity to use his expertise to help many clients and fellow attorneys through the appeals process. Mr. Kujawsky is proud to have written an amicus brief for members of Congress in Zivotofsky v. Clinton, 10-699. [An American citizen born in Jerusalem is entitled to have “Israel” listed as his birthplace in his passport. Congress shares foreign policy management with the President; the President can’t nullify Congressional legislation with a “signing statement.”] The brief helped persuade the U.S. Supreme Court to decide the important Constitutional questions in the case.<!– Mr. Kujawsky is proud to have written an amicus brief for members of Congress in Zivotofsky v. Secretary of State, 444 F.3d 614 (D.C. Cir. 2006) [American citizen born in Jerusalem entitled to have “Israel” listed as his birthplace in his passport; President can’t nullify Congressional legislation with “signing statement”].–>
Mr. Kujawsky received his Juris Doctorate from the University of California, Davis School of Law and his undergraduate degree from Yale University. He was admitted to practice in the state of California in 1983.
Mr. Kujawsky is an independent, creative thinker who has exceptional writing skills.
- California, 1983
- All State Courts of California
- United States Supreme Court <!–Federal District Court, Central District of California–>
- Federal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- J.D., University of California, Davis School of Law, 1983
- B.A., Philosophy and Psychology, Yale University, 1978
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Member, Amicus Briefs Committee, LACBA, 2009-present
- Member, Appellate Courts Section, LACBA, 2009-present
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Law Office of Paul Kujawsky, Studio City, California, 1994-present
- Wasserman, Comden and Casselman, Tarzana, California, 1989-1994
- California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, Division 2, 1983-1989